| Tiberian Technologies releases TT scripts 4.0 RC2 [message #478896]
||Thu, 24 January 2013 14:35
Registered: October 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Today is the time to release another release candidate. A final release of the Tiberian Technologies patch should be rather close now, after hours and hours of adding new features, fixing old bugs and hunting down new bugs. However, before we can release a final version, we are releasing another release candidate. This should fix the bugs and issues that have popped up since RC1.
In this version various improvements have been made both from RC1, and since RC2 has gone into private testing about 10 days ago. We believe that the current version fixes a lot of bugs when compared to stock Renegade, and polishes some minor issues that were discovered in RC1. Additionally we also improved the anti-cheat system, so that the only cheat working on TT does not work in this release.
We have been working on this for quite a while and we are really excited about coming this far. Yes, it has taken us quite some time since the first announcements, but look at the progress made since then. Look at the small amount of people that have dedicated so much of their spare time to improve your game and your gameplay experience!
Even though we have tried to eradicate all bugs from the game, we cannot guarantee it is perfect just yet. Therefore, we need your input if you discover bugs. If you happen to crash, please upload a crashdump. If you happen to spot something weird ingame, use the ingame bug report feature with screenshot capabilities or, even better, post a detailed description of your problem on renforums! Without your continuous support and feedback, we would not have been able to improve Renegade and the patch as much as we have done.
The RC2 client installer, server files, modding tools, and source code are now available from the Tiberian Technologies downloads page. If you already have a previous version of TT installed, then you can use the auto-update feature.
Note: to avoid cheating, no previous 4.0 clients can join RC2 servers.
List of changes since RC1
- Improvements to anti-cheat;
- Add a function to obtain the physics object matching the MCT of a BuildingGameObj;
- New console command acallow to reload anticheat.ini, anticheat2.ini and acallow.ini;
- Fixed SSGM purchase hooks;
- Small improvement to the graphics engine (which makes things a little bit faster when loading new geometry);
- Fix major issue with 4.0 and certain versions of the NVIDIA graphics drivers;
- Fix issue that was leading to netcode crashes;
- Add visual indication (next to the FPS display) when the auto-map-downloader is downloading something in the background;
- Make background downloading configurable;
- Fix for texture filtering breaking (on alt-tab);
- Fix issue with textures where it would sometimes load/display the wrong textures or the "missing texture" logo (because of this change, any and all .thu files created with previous scripts builds will be rebuilt to ensure they do not contain incorrect data);
- Some issues that could cause crashes.
[Updated on: Tue, 26 February 2013 11:01]
BlackIntel admin/founder/PR dude (not a coder)
Please visit http://www.blackintel.org/
|V, V for Vendetta|
People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people.