| Tiberian Technologies releases TT-scripts 4.0 open beta 3! [message #460617]
||Thu, 08 December 2011 07:07
Registered: October 2005
Location: The Netherlands
After three months since the first release of TT, we are very pleased to announce the release the third beta of scripts.dll 4.0! Almost all changes in this build are bugfixes or small user experience improvements. We have no complete change log, but our bug tracker includes most important changes. If you have beta 2 installed, the game will automatically install the update, but the new installer is also available if you have not yet installed scripts 4.0 or want to reinstall it.
Many thanks to everyone who helped testing beta 2 and reported bugs. Almost all changes between beta 2 and beta 3 have been made in response to one or more reports!
The list of changes for Beta 3:
- Fix various ghosting issues
- Add -map <mapname> command line option to automatically load a map in LAN mode on startup (good for easy testing)
- Fix various issues causing input configuration to become corrupted or stuffed up or go wrong. (e.g. "I lost all my key settings and nothing is working")
- Fix issue where you can shoot through vehicle logos
- Fix memory leak on gameover
- Add support for per-map settings in the CTF and crates plugins
- Fix DisableExtraWeapons option in SSGM
- Fix for a net-code issue that could happen if you have a large number of weapons
- Various updates that should help improve FPS a little bit
- Add support for loading an always3.dat
- Ship a TT always3.dat containing the English language versions of the Core Patch 2 sound effects (nuke/ion countdown) and a fixed w3d file for the airstrip MCT to fix issues with that object
- Make points distribution plugin not give points for objects that are neutral (i.e. not GDI or Nod)
- Workaround for problem someone was having with lots of rundll32 instances appearing when they used TT
- Fixed bug where vehicles could get money every frame when they ran over a crate when picking up crates with vehicles was disabled
- Fix so the launcher displays better errors if it cant contact the TT update server (and also allow you to enter the game anyway even without the update check if you want)
- Fix for some garbage pixels on the HUD
Thank you for understanding, and thanks again for participating in this beta and reporting any issues! And most of all, enjoy the new beta!
Links to the previous beta releases, with additional information:
Note to server owners: beta3 has changed slightly since the pre-release yesterday. You will have to update your files since that release. Please see the beta3 pre-release topic for details. We're sorry for any inconvinience caused by this.
[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 11:17]
BlackIntel admin/founder/PR dude (not a coder)
Please visit http://www.blackintel.org/
|V, V for Vendetta|
People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people.