| Tiberian Technologies releases TT scripts 4.1 [message #486450]
||Wed, 26 February 2014 15:21
Registered: October 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Today, at the 12th anniversary of C&C Renegade, we've got a present for ya! Today, after exactly one year after 4.0, we release the second final release of the Tiberian Technologies patch. This 4.1 patch tweaks the 4.0 release of TT and further improves Renegade. It's also the last patch where BlackIntel played an important role in its development.
The Tiberian Technologies team now completly OWNS the Renegade rendering engine and physics system, which means that we are better able to make changes to these parts of the Renegade engine. This combined with recent work to combine bandtest.dll, tt.dll and shaders.dll into a single dll has made the code better and resulted in some good benefits for this version of scripts.
Benefits Renegade players (or those working on maps and mods intended to go in Renegade rather than being stand-alone) will enjoy include:
- Somewhat better security against cheats, although it will never be possible to fully stop cheaters.
- Some performance boost (combining the dlls lets the compiler do greater levels of optimization on the code, also owning all this code means its being compiled with a better compiler than was used to compile the original code which means better optimization). Don't expect miracles in the performance stakes though.
- Cleaner more maintainable code with less hacks and nasty stuff, which should reduce the number of bugs in future releases.
- Greater understanding of how the engine works (collectively the TT team knows more about the Renegade engine than anyone else on the planet).
- Greater ability to write stand-alone tools for various purposes (like the stand-alone w3d viewer tool we are working on).
Note that this DOES NOT mean any kind of big graphical, physics or other major improvements for Renegade players. Those working on/playing stand-alone mods like APB and Reborn see good and new things in the future. This will however be the last major release for Renegade, as is explained in-depth in our future outlook.
Here is the list of changes made since scripts 4.1RC3:
- Fix so that some fields added to (or mistakes fixed in) "Explosions" and "C&C Mode Settings" actually showed up in LE.
- Add a warning to the netcode such that if 2 objects have the same network ID, it will warn you about it.
- Fix a typo causing "Insufficient Funds" to play instead of the nuclear strike warning for GDI.
- Fix a crash caused if an invalid URL is passed to the SSURL console command.
- Anti-cheat improvements.
- Fix the disappearing cargo plane and similar glitches.
- Fix a few memory leaks.
- Fix an issue with pathfinding causing the harvester to get stuck (was affecting a test map from Tiberian Sun Reborn and a test map from Zunnie, both are fixed now).
- Fix a crash affecting any scripts that called Create_Logical_Sound (was affecting various co-op maps)
- Fix SSGM weapon drop code to not drop weapons when you switch characters.
- Fix a glitch that was causing bogus values in certain parts of the damage code (if you shoot a harvester with an APC on a server running SSGM, it was printing a "harvester repairing" message, it wont do that now).
- Remove non-existent readme files from the scripts project (all this info should be going into the documentation going forward).
- Fix some issues with image controls on dialogs (was causing a crash in the vehicle management dialog).
- Fix some issues with ini load code (was causing bogus "hint:" messages to appear on the loadscreen that shouldn't have been appearing).
- Fix so that per-map use of the spawn character settings via temp presets wont get overridden if GDISpawnChar and NodSpawnChar are not present in ssgm.ini (if they are set in ssgm.ini they will obviously override whatever is set in the presets).
- Fix wwconfig popping up every time you start the game.
- Replaced dp88_veterancyPromotionHealthArmourIncrease with dp88_RegenerateHitpoints, a much more flexible generic script which includes optional support for the veterancy level logic.
- Replace in-game bug tracker (that never got any useful reports) with a message directing people to the forums.
- Move DefinitionMgrClass to shared.dll so that mods (WhiteDragon requested this for Dragonade).
- Fix that should solve the "my controls aren't being saved/loaded properly" issue.
- Fix for missing scroll bars on drop down lists.
- Documentation improvements.
- Fix incorrect detection of Windows XP x64 SP2.
- Changes to temps loading code so that LE will load presets\temps20.ddb on startup, when a mew map is created or on map load if there is no per-map ddb file existing for that map.
- Load/save/edit strings_map.tdb instead of strings.tdb if strings_map.tdb exists.
- Add "Save Global Temps" menu option to the "Presets" menu to save the current temps to presets\temps20.ddb.
Players that are already using a previous version of the Tiberian Technologies patch will automatically receive this fix through the update system. Others may download it from the Tiberian Technologies download page. Server owners must also visit the download page to install the new set of server files. The new source code and source code diff are available from the same page, any plugins or custom scripts must be updated.
Thanks to all private and public beta testers and those who have contributed to this project by other means! Another thanks to all of you who play Renegade for so long, and who are still here to celebrate this moment with us!
Enjoy this release!
More information & websites
More information can be found at the following websites. We appreciate any questions, issues, or remarks on our official forums!
Official website: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org
Official wiki: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/wiki
Official forums: http://www.renegadeforums.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=52
BlackIntel admin/founder/PR dude (not a coder)
Please visit http://www.blackintel.org/
|V, V for Vendetta|
People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people.
|Re: Tiberian Technologies releases TT scripts 4.1 [message #486583]
||Mon, 03 March 2014 04:25
Registered: February 2005
|zunnie wrote on Sun, 02 March 2014 22:40|
There is a bug with the anticheat and new maps. It constantly crashes the server.
Had to revert back to RC3 on the server.
This is a big problem with a server that runs only new maps lol :/
I hope this can get fixed soon.
Crashed also but on basic maps.