| Tiberian Technologies releases TT scripts 4.1RC2 [message #485687]
||Wed, 05 February 2014 15:28
Registered: October 2005
Location: The Netherlands
For the past few years the Tiberian Technologies team worked their asses off to make Renegade as bugfree as possible, and today on BlackIntel's eight birthday we are happy to announce another iteration of that process. Scripts 4.1RC2 hereby goes into public testing to ensure we can release a final 4.1 shortly. Our private testing process has caught a lot of bugs and we are confident that 4.1RC2 is very stable. However, since our test team is small and has other occupations as well, we do want you, the public, to test it further before we call it a final release. The patch solves the following issues:
- A large amount of bug fixes and stability improvements (including crash fixes)
- Anti-cheat changes
- Disable triggerbot detector since it was giving false-positives for people with touchscreens etc.
- Add GBBO console command to get the current BBO value
- Various rendering engine improvements (provides some FPS improvement)
- Fix various memory leaks
- Fix false positives in the file-hash anti-cheat (to do with files of the same name but different contents being in different maps)
- Fix missing bullet hole decals on the back of certain meshes (e.g. GDI weapons factory glass)
- Remove zlib1.dll (now linked directly into the code)
- Remove a bunch of useless/obsolete scripts
- Make alt-F4 quit the game when pressed
- Make ban system ignore serials that are all 0s
- Add new VehicleLockIcons keyword to ssgm.ini, when set it will disable the vehicle lock icons (but not the functionality)
- Remove obsolete slave server logic (it was getting in the way of other changes we needed to make)
- Move certain pieces of shared code to a new shared.dll file
- Merge shaders.dll and tt.dll into bandtest.dll (this will make things slightly faster)
- Fix so that lighting is properly applied to decals (no more super bright decals on certain maps)
Players that are already using a previous version of the Tiberian Technologies patch will automatically receive this fix through the update system. Others may download it from the Tiberian Technologies download page. Server owners must also visit the download page to install the new set of server files.
Coders working on SSGM and script should be aware that you will require Visual C++ 2012 in order to properly compile/work with scripts 4.1 (the Express Edition WILL work though)
Enjoy this release!
More information & websites
More information can be found at the following websites. We appreciate any questions, issues, or remarks on our official forums!
Official website: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org
Official wiki: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/wiki
Official forums: http://www.renegadeforums.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=52
[Updated on: Sun, 09 February 2014 10:55]
BlackIntel admin/founder/PR dude (not a coder)
Please visit http://www.blackintel.org/
|V, V for Vendetta|
People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people.
|Re: Tiberian Technologies releases TT scripts 4.1RC2 [message #485688]
||Wed, 05 February 2014 15:52
Registered: October 2009
As always, good work TT!