|Readme before posting a release [message #367138]
||Tue, 13 January 2009 00:53
Registered: March 2005
When you post a new topic here, it will need to be approved by a moderator.|
Some things to think about:
* Only post releases of Renegade related modifications here
* Add a category between "[ ]" in the title. Example: [Texture]GDI soldier as clown
* Make sure the title clearly states what you release, so it's easy to find what you're looking for in the release forum
* Attach your release to your forum post, unless your release is too big to be attached. This is very important as it's the only way to make sure that in a couple of months/years, your download still exists.
* Announcing you work on something you will release is not the same as a release. These announcements do not belong here, unless you have a beta version attached.
* If possible, please include screenshots of the release, this applies more so to texture releases. You can use http://imageshack.us if you want to attach an image.
* A description or copy of the readme.txt file would be helpful if the release needs one. For example a SSGM Plug-in.
* Obviously this forum doesn't support cheats, so don't talk about them here, let alone release them. This is a fast track path to bansville. Moderators will decide if something is a cheat or not, so PM them if you're unsure. In general we can define a cheat as a modification to the original game giving you a significant (unfair) advantage over players that do not have this modification.
* The general rules of conduct obviously also apply, please do check them.
[Updated on: Sun, 20 September 2009 01:55]
The KOSs2: 'cause there's no place like home
Quote Trooprm2: Anyway, first off my apologies if anyone took offense to past beefs but now im focused on being more productive than anything.