Lone0001 Messages: 2110 Registered: August 2006 Location: Ontario, Canada
General (2 Stars)
So I installed this thing for TFD "XCC TFD Shortcut Installer" from here: http://xhp.xwis.net/ And now renguard doesn't work, game2(without renguard) loads fine though, is there any way to fix this here's the error:
1. delete woldata.key from your renegade directory
2. go in start menu to 'run'
3. type in the box that shows up 'regedit'
4. scroll in the registry to HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Westwood\Renegade\Serial
5. It will have an amount of '-', replace these with your renegade serial
Try that. You can also go to the strike-team forums and complain.
Only, this time, don't install that XWIS junk. Just go into Renegade's folder, right-click game.exe, click Create Shortcut, and drag and drop the shortcut onto the desktop. Do the same thing for game2.exe if you're going to install RenGuard in case you want to play without RenGuard.
CarrierII Messages: 3804 Registered: February 2006 Location: England
General (3 Stars)
I fixed the problem by moving woldata.key which was one directory short of the Renegade directory, into the Renegade directory, no doubt EA's stupid super-script (TM) things did it. (I made woldata.key with the CCR serial tool)